Friday, August 3, 2012

One Day at a Time

     I've always been a daydreamer and a planner... I think about what happened yesterday, and I imagine what may come tomorrow.  But what about today?  What about right now?

                                              Learn from Yesterday.                                          
     Mistakes are inevitable.  I don't know about you but I do silly things every single day.  I make mistakes every day,  I snap at someone every day...  I'm far from flawless.  Sometimes the mistakes are ours and sometimes we get hurt because of someone else's choices.  Something I've learned though is that everything (and I mean everything!) can be turned around for the good.  Our experiences (both good and painful) are a part of the blessing that God has given us.  If we can help somebody because of what we have learned from our experiences, then we are growing and we can help someone else to grow (and it has become a good thing!)  We can't ignore our yesterdays.  We have to apply the lessons we've learned, to who we are now.


Make a Choice Today.                                                            
     Trials will always be a part of our lives.  But what will we do today to change things?  If we are dwelling on what happened yesterday, or on the things we want to come tomorrow, we will miss out on today.  Even if we dwell on the pain we feel right now, we will not only miss today, but we will likely feel no different tomorrow.  We have no control over anything in this world except for what we are doing in this exact moment!  What can I do in this moment to have a better life?  What can I do differently today?

Have Hope for Tomorrow. 
     We have no way of knowing what will come in the future.  But that doesn't mean we don't have consequences.  The choices we make today will effect us tomorrow.  When we make good choices today, we can count on good results.  We can have hope and faith that we will be blessed.  When we are surrounded by darkness, we can have hope in the light that is to come.  And our attitudes or our hope, can change the way that we feel and act today.


     Yesterday, today, and tomorrow are all connected.  We cannot avoid any of them.  But if we take all three into our present, we will find growth in our lives.  Our hearts will change.
 “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach"  - Scrooge

No comments:

Post a Comment